February 14, 2008

ROCK CLIMBING

My First Ascent


I learned about rock climbing from my boyfriend. He is from France originally, but now he’s American citizen. He likes to Climb. If he could, he would climb everyday. On real Cliffs, not in the gym!
October was the first time I learned about climbing. Well I was pretty excited about it, pretty nervous and pretty scared too. I though that my boyfriend would climb next to me, but he didn’t. He asked me "want climb."
I asked him, "you will not go with me?"
Simple answer: "No! I will belay you from here on the ground."
He gave me instructions, how to move, where to hold on, where to put my feet and everything. Half way up the climb, I felt something that I never felt before. I thought about quiting and going down. I did not. I’m not a quitter!
After half an hour, I started to climb for the second time. A different route, something more challenging and higher.
This time I stopped half way to the top. My mind felt tired my arms sore, and my body ached. At that moment, knew I would return to conquer this route one day.

LOCATION : SUROWITI VILLAGE, GRESIK, EAST JAVA, INDONESIA
HOW LONG : Around 1 ½ hour from SURABAYA

1 comment:

maman said...

keep pushing to the top...thank you to correct me about emmanuel
..maman